You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Winter Tripping

Left TT park in Menifee and up the coast to Morro Bay on Monday. Left Morro Dunes park on Monday and decided on a drive with a view so took Route 1 to Moss Landing yesterday. Beautiful drive but wouldn't recommend it in anything longer or wider than our 38' X 8"!!!!!!
Saw the Elephant Seals above San Simeon. This was a once in a lifetime experience with absolutely amazing Vistas!

waking up today at Moss Landing...tomorrow?

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

hi steve, sounds really nice.

many years ago we drove the coast highway from below san simeon all the way up in a 35' executive we had. that was the most memorable drive my family ever had. everyone honking at us, cars lined up behind us for ever and everyone carsick but me....

the kids that were old enough to remember still talk about it...

we skipped that part of the drive in our 90 newell when we did the coast highway from canada to southern ca.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(02-06-2013, 07:36 AM)prairieschooner Wrote:  Left TT park in Menifee and up the coast to Morro Bay on Monday. Left Morro Dunes park on Monday and decided on a drive with a view so took Route 1 to Moss Landing yesterday. Beautiful drive but wouldn't recommend it in anything longer or wider than our 38' X 8"!!!!!!
Saw the Elephant Seals above San Simeon. This was a once in a lifetime experience with absolutely amazing Vistas!

waking up today at Moss Landing...tomorrow?

Moss Landing is a tight little park isn't it? Stayed there a couple of times before we bought the Newell. Love that route!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Moss Landing is a tight little park isn't it? Stayed there a couple of times before we bought the Newell. Love that route!
[/quote]

Little but very clean. Not sure if we will do Route 1 again, it was very sketchy with all of the construction going on.

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Great drive in a sports car. I have taken an Alfa Romeo 2000GTV up that road back in the 70's and really enjoyed it. Less enjoyable in a 35' Safari wide body with the baby Cummins in the early 2000's.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

but what about a 38' Newell towing?
Seriously what a great drive just going back on 101! Yes Clarke the park here is a little tight but now that it is a KOA it is very clean although pricey at $68/50/night.