You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Looking for storage near Denver airport

We are looking for a place near the Denver airport (or within an hour or 2) to leave our motorhome and truck for a month in mid-May in order to return home for our son's graduation from LSU.
It sounds like the best area would be east of Denver, lower elevations and campgrounds will be open earlier?
Since we are fulltiming we would need to leave it plugged into electricity so that's why we are thinking of a campground unless we can find a storage place with electric.
The weather east of Denver in mid-May should be above freezing at night?
When we fly back to Denver on June 16 we'll head up to Spearfish for the rally.
Any suggestions? Or other areas with an airport with good connections to New Orleans that is within 3-4 days drive to Spearfish, SD?
Thanks!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest & Cindy,
We are just under a 1,000 miles from Spearfish, SD--an easy 3 day drive. May weather is springlike. No freezing. I can offer outside parking with full hookups and on site security. Good price too---free! Two airports service this area. Springfield, MO and Northwest Arkansas Regional airport. I've never flown to NO, so I'm not familiar with that specific destination and flights.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Forest, I will be in Denver for a grandson's high school graduation May 24th until we leave for the FMCA and Spearfish rallies in June. Dakota Ridge in Golden is a reasonably good good RV park which has several places for our large coaches. Most likely that is where I will be staying.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Just to update this post. We left the coach at Pepperpod Campground in Hudson, CO.
A basic campground with gravel pads and some grass. Just off I-76, some train tracks behind the campground, but they stop blowing after 10pm.
The owner Neal is also mayor of Hudson and a really nice guy who lives on-site. Convenient to the airport.
Neal charged us $100/wk for 50amp electric and water site.
Bonus: the Aquahot factory is about 15 miles away!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

we have stayed at the KOA in Strasburg- about 35 miles from Aqua Hot

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge