You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Entry door push switches removal, replacement

I would check the bypass switch itself first (you can do that standing up).

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Guy
Here are some pages from my Kwikee manual with troubleshooting guide and chassis wiring. My steps are original to the coach and this manual. Series 32. May help for future troubleshooting beyond your switch issue, I don't think most of the gearbox stuff is available anymore, they have an upgraded gearbox and motor now.

Attached Files
.pdf Kwikee_Step_Wiring_troubleshoot_PartsList.pdf Size: 1.37 MB  Downloads: 7

Terry & Cherie
95 Newell, 45', FMCA Show Coach, Series 60, Allison HT741 4spd, #373

If the big gear is worn or has missing teeth you can turn it 180º and it may still work. The travel is less than 180º.
I had to do that with the steps on my '93.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thanks guys. Got a reprieve just now. We are getting more rain in 1 day here in Yemassee South Carolina  than we would get in my home state of California all year. Thank you Newell for building great old coaches that do not leak !

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

those rocker switches wear out as well. easy enough to check it

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I have just upgraded the kwikee 32 series step. From these post I assume the bottom push switch on the door is the one to be replaced with the upgrade. Just curious if all Newell's would be wired this way.

I didn't have to change out the switch on my 1992.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks Michael,
I tried mine without changing the switch. It worked backwards so I replaced the push switch with a magnetic switch in the kit.
All is well. Works great.
Thanks for advice

Sorry I'm a little late to the party but I just got this replacement switch for the door. It's an exact replacement for the original ones and worked great, I have got this one from Autozone but I have more coming from Home Depot and will let you know how they work out.    

Rick and Barb Carlson

1996 Newell #405