You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tripping

I am currently parked at Lionshead RV Park, 8 miles west of West Yellowstone. Large pull-through to handle our Newels and closes to Yellowstone. Drove the Newell from Cody to West Yellowstone with no problem, just slow. Good luck and enjoy.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

We left the TT park in the San Jacintos yesterday. Long drive up the coast to Morro Bay but here we are! we are nestled into the Morro Dunes RV Park. Great place and has 50 amp service. Short walk to the beach and a good view of the Rock.         Went into the harbor last night and had oysters on the half shell!!! living large and life is good when the Newell is moving.    

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

I am sure you have visited Hearst Castle but it is close and worthwhile. Newell had a California Wine Country rally several years ago and that was one of the activities we participated in.

Have fun, you are in a wonderful area.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(08-16-2012, 12:42 PM)prairieschooner Wrote:  We left the TT park in the San Jacintos yesterday. Long drive up the coast to Morro Bay but here we are! we are nestled into the Morro Dunes RV Park. Great place and has 50 amp service. Short walk to the beach and a good view of the Rock. Went into the harbor last night and had oysters on the half shell!!! living large and life is good when the Newell is moving.

Steve, we stayed at the same place a few years ago and loved it. You are right, a great view of the rock. A bus comes by the park several times a day and we took it over to the harbor area. Nice town to walk around and browse the shops.

Save Travels!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Yes, a great place indeed guys!! Oysters as fresh as you can get and a very good community.
So we left Morro today and went up the coast using 1 and 101 after crossing the Padre National Forest. Great drive but a bit hairy in places. We are in Pacifica now at the Encore RV park. Not sure that I would come back but here we are. After tomorrow we can move on but going to Fisherman`s Warf is too hard to resist.

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Steve, now you know why that section is not approved for motorhomes over 40'. It is a beautiful drive but would be white knuckle in a long coach.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

We did it a few years ago, north to south, in our 36' and it was very tense at times. To relieve the tension we would pull over and stop every 10 miles, get out and enjoy the view.....there are plenty of places to do that for sure.

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

Yes, it was a bit of a "white knuckle" ride but I would not recommend it for much longer or wider, glad we are only 38' X 8'!! Still we are probably coming back this way after Yosemite. This coast is so rugged and beautiful I cannot resist.
Seminar is done and we should be off to Sausalito in a few hours. I am looking forward to Fisherman's Wharf and Ghiradelli Square tomorrow, just a little hard with the dogs.
It rained yesterday and is still drizzling today...
"The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco."

Steve wrote, "The coldest winter I ever saw was the summer I spent in San Francisco."

Great Mark Twain quote! I use it often.

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

We took the car up the coast yesterday. We went up to Bodega Bay through Sausalito and Petaluma. The area is beautiful but not easily accessed by coach, glad we took the car. There was only one park in Bodega Bay that we could get into and it was not on the bay. The State Parks may be able to take a 40' but not sure about it. I would rather not take the coach across the Golden Gate Bridge on a Sunday (not sure about the rest of the week either!) and it it a long ways around the bridge.
Looking forward to moving on tomorrow and seeing Yosemite. The sun hasn't showed itself yet here in Pacifica and it is drizzling again today. Glad we haven't been here much but it is close to most everything.