You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

repairing Villa Gliding rocker chairs

my passenger and salon chairs are both villa rocking gliders.

both of them the arms were loose.

so when we were staying at steve and suzy's we took one of them apart and saw that the frame at the back where the seat springs were attached had broken and made the whole chair flimsy.

so steve made me brackets out of angle iron and we removed the broken wood and redid it with angle iron brackets and bolts. then jimmy webb came over and brought his staple guns and he restapled all the leather.

they turned out great and are now really strong. once we got the first one done we took the passenger chair off the mount and did the same thing to it.

nothing like a gigantic crescent wrench to fix furniture with. actually since the springs were still attached to the back piece of wood, we had to force it onto the brackets steve made. those springs are strong.

darlene and i both wish there was a different seat for the passenger as the only way to stop it from rocking is to the have the foot rest up.

oh well.

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH