You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Interior shade repair

Thanks to Bill Johnson, Steve Bare, and Tommy Key for helping me find the solution and post this for anyone else that might have the same issue.

Recently, after a drive on rough roads, one of my electric blinds would not go up or down even though I could hear the motor turning. Bill Johnson advised me the friction connection between the motor and tube failed. He pointed me to Tommy Key at Newell for precise instructions on how to fix. A total of $0.09 cents for a screw.

From Tommy Key at Newell:
To repair your shade have the shade in down position, measure 10  1/2 " from end of right side motor. Drill 1/8" hole through aluminum tube and through plastic until you hit aluminum tube again. Install # 8 pan head screw  5/8" to 3/4"  long. If up and down limits aren't set correct after repairing motor push the yellow and black limit buttons on the right side to release them. Run shade up to desired height then reset yellow button, then run shade down to desired length and reset black button.

Worked perfectly for me!

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Thanks so much for posting this.  Just did this and it was super simple and works perfectly.

Frank Boyer
Tulsa, OK
2001 Newell 45'8" #593 Red Series 60
Chevy Suburban toad