You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HELP: Need VIN and Coach Number Info on pre-1990 Newells

Our 1984, formerly owned by Todd Flickema of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, is vin  1N9912373E1011018. 

It has a mfg date of Jan 1984. Lore has it that it was commissioned by a Mr. Stodemeyer  (sp?) who went on to commission 2 more Newells in later years. Mr Stodemeyer did not like to stop for fuel, hence the total fuel capacity of this coach at 535 gallons.
We still have a giant "S" on the rear of the coach, cleverly covered by our friend Todd, with a large decal of a sea turtle and yin and yang.
After removing an original vanity mirror in the bedroom, we found a "#59" which we have assumed (uh oh) as our coach number

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Guy, I appreciate the information. #59 is possible but I am a little surprised at it being quite that high for a mid-year 1984 model. I would have guessed high forties to low fifties but on the back of the vanity mirror is a logical location for find the coach number. I don't know exactly how many 1983 or 1984 models there were so I can't really tell. You are the only 1984 owner who has found a number so far. It would certainly be interesting to hear if you find any additional markings. Do you have the original floorplan for the coach? Sometimes they put the coach number of those. If you don't have one, check with Newell service and see if they can send you one. They are a nice addition to your information.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

No, I don't have any factory  documentation. I suppose that he was lost by previous owners before Todd. I will follow your suggestion and see what Newell has for our vin. Never thought of that, Thank you Michael !

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59