You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Greetings!

A big "hello" to all the gurus here! Even though we are new members, we have been reading these posts and threads for quite a while. We knew we wanted a good diesel pusher to do some serious travelling (leading to possible full-timing). After about two years of serious thinking, talking, looking, planning, shopping, examining, questioning, looking some more, etc., we knew there were only a few coaches that we would be considering. I am one of those who like to do a lot of research before making an important decision like this, and was extremely impressed with everything we found out (and experienced) about the Newells. Long story short, we found what we need AND want in Newell Coach #697. 
She may be 15 years old, but still in great shape. Going to be taking her "home" to Newell for a few upgrades and modifications, then on to some fantastic adventures!
The knowledge and wisdom here from the Newell Gurus has been a huge help already, and looking forward to interacting with and getting to know many of you in the future!

Jim and Jeanette Hackett
2004 Newell Coach #697
Quad Slide, 46'8", Steerable Tag, Detroit Diesel DDEC 60
Toad: 2018 Ford Expedition

Welcome

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Glad you have joined in posting. Welcome to the family of Newell owners. We have folks here that have Newells 20+ years older than yours so welcome aboard. You have a coach that is similar mechanically to many of the owners here (Detroit Series 60 and Allison World Transmission) but you do have the 4th Newell with the ZF suspension and the steerable tag axle so you can help us unravel differences in suspension and air ride/leveling systems.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks, Michael - I will be happy to contribute what I can, when I can... I know there is going to be a steep learning curve ahead. Your timelines and historical information have already been an invaluable reference for us. The seller and Brian Pitts from Newell were able to add some pertinent background info on this coach as well. Looking forward to enjoying the journey!

Jim

Jim and Jeanette Hackett
2004 Newell Coach #697
Quad Slide, 46'8", Steerable Tag, Detroit Diesel DDEC 60
Toad: 2018 Ford Expedition

Congrats on acquiring the '04 !
Chris

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

Welcome aboard! Hope you have fun with the coach.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Welcome to the group! We look forward to your future posts and hope we can provide you with answers to your questions - there are a lot of very helpful people here on the forum!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40