You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HWH Service

I just returned from the HWH Service center in Moscow, Iowa. To many "experts" have messed with my system and I just couldn't correct the mess-ups by myself. (besides it is way too cold here in Mi.) I can't say enough about the nice treatment I was given and the fairness of the charges. They certainly know what they are doing and I highly recommend them. You can see they even let me stay in my Newell "penthouse" overnight.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

(02-09-2013, 06:22 PM)larry weikart Wrote:  I just returned from the HWH Service center in Moscow, Iowa. To many "experts" have messed with my system and I just couldn't correct the mess-ups by myself. (besides it is way too cold here in Mi.) I can't say enough about the nice treatment I was given and the fairness of the charges. They certainly know what they are doing and I highly recommend them. You can see they even let me stay in my Newell "penthouse" overnight.
What problems were you having? What fix was done? What was the labor rate? Thanks

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Also, did you have to make an appointment prior to your arrival? If so, how long did it take you to get in? Did they fix all your issues?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I too have had an extraordinary experience with Randy giving me several hours of diagnostic help by phone and when repairs to the control box were done the charges were nominal. Good company...

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I just couldn't get my drivers side to level no matter what I did, and I also had a problem with my passenger side raising properly without manually pumping. I had talked to Randy several times and we both were a little stumped. It's 350 miles from our home to Moscow and with the trip to Sebring just around the corner, I bit the bullet and arranged an appointment which was very easy because of the time of the year. It is much more difficult to get in quickly when the "snowbirds" return home. HWH added a 400,000 sq. ft. building in 2002 and have plenty of room and also 50amp hook-ups outside while you wait. My problems turned out to be some wires hooked up wrong. (my service center had played with the wiring last year when I had rear airbags replaced) Then we found out, much to everyones surprise, why they had so much trouble analyzing the problem, my passenger side tag axle air bag had no air line going to it. How that happened we will never know. Newell replaced my old system with the new manifolds and round solenoids in 2010. Not to say they goofed but like I said we'll never know. Their published labor rate is $90.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue