You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

new user-hello!

Good Morning, 

My name is Don, and I am from the central coast of California, I live in a town called Atascadero. My coach is not a Newell, but it has the DNA that Newell’s were created with. I am the proud owner of a 1966 Streamline Travel Home. I have owned the coach for almost 20 years and have never spent one night in it due to the fact it needed a tremendous amount of work. During this time, I have done a complete mechanical overhaul of the power-train, which is a Ford  331 industrial engine with a cruise-o-Matic transmission. I have upgraded the wheels from 16” to 19.5” and added dual wheels on the rear. Tires are Michelins. Brake system and all motor/trans mounts are new also. I also have stripped all the clear coat off in advance of polishing the exterior. The interior has been freshened up with birch paneling, and I have had a professional RV restoration shop replace all the RV systems. AC units, Dometic refrigerator, tank less water heater, furnace, new freshwater holding tanks, new black tanks, and toilet. New flooring has been installed, and I converted the two rear twin beds into a single bed that is almost as big as a cal-king mattress. I had a custom mattress with the curved corners made by an excellent company in Bakersfield. I also added a 6.5KW Onan to replace the original unit.  All of this RV system work is happening as we speak, and I hope to get to finally take the coach out and use it in August sometime. Like many people on here I have several other interests besides RVs, I enjoy high-Performance boats and cars and have a family which includes three adult daughters and a couple of grand kids. I have been lurking on here for a bit, and I enjoy the content. Thank you, and I hope to see you out on the road. I will post more detailed pics in the next few weeks as I get closer to being able to use the coach. I  have had a tremendous love/hate relationship with this thing, and I surmise that coupled with my other interests is why it has taken so long to get it usable. Thanks for letting me share with you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Don Hudson
Atascadero, Ca 

1966 Streamline Travel Home 30', 1959 Pontiac safari wagon, 1967 Hydro flyte V-drive, 
lots of other "stuff"

don,

welcome and i really look forward to more pictures and stories about your adventure.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That is a beautiful Streamline! Welcome to the forum!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Welcome, Don. that Streamline looks GREAT!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Beautiful coach. Welcome!

1974 35' Newell Coach, Cat 1160 with Allison Auto 6 Speed... 69 Camaro 396 SS, 2010 Camaro SSRS Hennessey, 72 Buick Electra, Eastern Iowa.

Hello Don.  Got an email from you, racer756  (supposedly) stating you might be interested in our 1975 Newell.  It is still for sale.  34' diesel pusher. 3208 cat, with a brand new allison transmission.  Gas generator.  You can call us at 209 823 6460 (landline) or text us at 209 305 5074.  If you haven't contacted us, I am sorry for this inconvenience.

Sue Huh

I note that the FMCA membership on the rear of the coach is such a low number that they must have been an original member. The number is now over 400,000.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Hello Don.
We spend our winters in Solvang California. Perhaps this winter to could meet up.

Best regards,

Guy

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59