You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Sun blocking

Getting a lot of heating from sun in windshield! Does anyone have experience with tinting or shading anywhere on windshield?
We want to be legal, but not cook when the sun is in our faces!

Thanks!
Danny

Danny,

One of our members has an excellent solution.

He purchased the made to fit Magnashade windshield cover. This cover is put on the outside with magnets while standing on the ground. NO ladder, no snaps, no holes in front cap.

Then he put four 1/2 inch pvc pipes coverd with foam pipe insulation between the cover and the windshield providing a nearly dead air space. Hot cover transfers very little heat onto the glass.

Great idea that works.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Rudy, I think Danny is looking for a solution while driving...at least, that's how I interpreted it. The while parked solution you mentioned does get two thumbs up, though! Smile

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

Well, drive at night, I am sooo bad, lol

Window tint folks have a nearly clear film that rejects some heat to be put on the inside of windshield.

I have a fan that blows air from the floor toward the front or even aimed at me when I need more cooling. I do not need the fan very often but does a good job when needed.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

When driving into the sun and the house AC just isn't enough, I turn the defroster on with the temp all the way to cold. On our rig that turns on the air con compressor and cool air comes onto our faces

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

You should find two small marks on the windshield, one on each side, a few inches from the top. You can add tinting down to those marks and still be legal.

I did it to my unit as soon as I purchased it.

Regards,

Mike

2008 Newell #1223 4 slide, Cat C15 with ZF 12 spd, 2004 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Duramax 6.6[Image: thumbnails.php?album=143] Toad for fishing.