You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Low battery on panel

Just a quick question
I've never had a problem before but for some reason the light showing the amount of battery has on the panel is staying red ? Not sure if I hit something to make it change or not.. started gen.no change started engine same
Settings maybe ?

As our site owner suggests, "Please put a signature in your profile so we know what coach you have and your name. It helps us help you..."

I would be in a better position to help once I know coach and get a more complete description of the light in question. A picture would be really nice. I could start guessing, but for now I'll wait. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Russ, I believe Truman has #395, a 1995, 45' non-slide, Series 60 which he bought early this year.

Truman. if you click on User CP (Control Panel) on the left side of the page just below the black welcome banner, then scroll down to Your Profile (on the left side of the page) under Edit Profile you will see Change Signature. Click on that and add your name, Coach # and year, and other information you want others to see about you or your coach and it will automatically display under each of your posts.

I also am not sure which light you are referring to. We have gauges for starting battery voltage and current on the dash as well as overhead gauges for AC voltage and current and house battery voltage and current. The warning lights are located in various places on each coach so there is no consistency as to location of a warning light but my coach doesn't have a battery warning light.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I'm referring to the xantrex panel
Battery state
DC volts
DC amps
Incoming ac
When I use the generator it charges up but not now..that's why I was wondering if I switched the settings on it somehow ?

Still not totally sure which light is in question, but I'll take a shot.
From memory the only red light I normally would see is the one for bulk charging. I think it is just to the right of the green one for AC available. Then to the right of bulk charging is an amber light for absorption charge, and finally the green light for float. Only one of those three is ever on at any time.

When you have a loss of AC and it is restored, you start through the charging sequence again. The time each light is on before moving to the next stage of charging varies depending upon the state of discharge of the batteries.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

I've had the generator running for awhile now and red light.. battery low...is still on..most times it would advance to the next color and then on to green when it's fully charged.???

What is the voltage at the batteries? You could possibly have a problem with the batteries, wiring, or with the inverter/charger.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I would start with a hand held volt meter measuring right on the battery posts.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.