You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What is this, and what does it do?

It is a microswitch associated with the HWH slide mechanism. There are two mounted under the bed that tell the HWH brain when the slide is fully in or out. 

What does it do? Well, if it becomes jammed, and continues to make the circuit while moving the slide, it will cause the HWH to try it’s hardest to ventilate the roof of the slide with the slide lock pins. Trust me, I know these things.

The reason it does that, is that the slide locks do not come down until the switch “makes” indicating the room is in. When the switch jammed in the closed position, the slide locks deployed while the room was moving. Arrrrrrgghhhhhh.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Was there a reason it jammed other than internal mechanical failure?

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Could these be replaced with retro reflective sensors, taking the mechanical factor out of the application?

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

It jammed because somebody "thought" they had it far enough out of the way when retracting the slide to reglue a section of the slide seal that rolled

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Hi Richard, I seem to have the same microswitch detail - no magnetic sensors on the top of the slide.

It appears that the failure of the retracted position microswitch is responsible for my locking pins not deploying.    Also for the pump not shutting off until one releases the control panel switch.  So I have a new switch ordered.    My further concern, though, is that the assembly on which the microswitch is mounted seems to be frozen in a position that prevents the microswitch from unmaking the connection when the slide is extended.    Attached photo shows the mounting block; is seems that this should float on the end of the guide track so that it rebounds when the slide is extended.    If this consistent with your observations?

Thanks!
Chuck

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

Chuck,

That picture is with your room extended, correct? The block with the two large hex head bolts is stationary. The aluminum channel frame moves with the bed. The bolt with jam nut is the hard mechanical stop to keep the room from overextending. Set up the extend micro switch so that it clicks closed when the room is against that stop.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Richard, yes - room extended shown. Your explanation is helping to clear this up. The microswitch makes the connection that tells the pump control panel that the room is out. But there is no similar switch that I have been able to find that tells the panel when the room is in; the other end (not shown) of the channel just has the adjustable stop for the sliding block to land. I gather from the manual that the pump stops when hydraulic pressure reaches 3000 psi. But how do the locking pins know when to engage?
Thanks again!

Ill look again tonite but i think my bracket has two microswitches mounted on it in opposing directions

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Right, I would expect that, or maybe the reverse of what I have. Since the locking pins don't engage when the room is extended, it seems more important to sense the retracted position.

Richard,

I got this one!   Don't unpack your bed storage again - ha ha

Two limit switches.   Picture attached I hope.   Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004