You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Keyless entry system

I have now had this system on my coach for over 2 years and it has worked perfectly. It is "Newell" quality and nice & clean looking. I replace the AA batteries once a year. Can be unlocked from the inside by turning a knob or opened from the outside using the remote or a key. I had to get an extension kit($15) from the manufacturer due to the thickness of the Newell door. Comes with a lifetime finish warranty, 5 year mechanical warranty and 1 year electronic warranty. Comes in different finishes.

Here's the company:
http://morningindustry.com/rf_sn.html

Here's where I bought it:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Morning-Indust...escription

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve, I would appreciate seeing a photo of the installation if it is convenient.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Here are some photos. There are two fobs that come with the lock with lock & unlock buttons. Notice on the exterior deadbolt there is a red and green eye. When the deadbolt locks the green eye lights. When you unlock the deadbolt the red eye lights. If you are trying to lock the door and it does not lock the red eye lights--I have never had this happen.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Andrew,
Mine is the satin nickel. Comes in four finishes, but not white. I'm sure it could be painted if you don't paint over the green and red eye.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Andrew, doesnt your coach have the air door? if it does, i am not sure what steve did will work for the 2 locks on the entrance door. the keyless entry i have on my 02 is very different than this. it is a remote keypad that then turns on or off the door open pushbutton on the outside. it does not lock the key locks on each side of the door.

just checking.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Good point Tom. In case there is any doubt...............this is a electronic replacement for an existing manual deadbolt. When replacing a manual deadbolt it is a R&R procedure that is very simple.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

makes sense. just making sure.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH