You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Eng air over builds pressure, air dryer constantly releasing

Good point -- we should definitely be inspecting everything downstream for any consequences.

The safety valves on the tanks are set to go at 150psi. Best we can tell, they have not triggered. I am not sure whether I can just carry one spare in case I need to replace one of them, but it's worth looking into. (I don't know how easy installing one would be.)

Our height control valve that is causing trouble is an electric sensor, so there is no air run to it. It sends a signal to the solenoid on the six pack, and the air is routed from there instead of up to the HCV. So although the HCV wouldn't be harmed, it's entirely possible we have some flaky behavior at the manifold.

Given how many fittings/hoses were damaged... it's possible that the overpressure caused them all, or simply caused old hoses and dying fittings to give up. Maybe I should think of it like a "stress test." Everything that survived is now proven! Smile

2008 Newell #1234
Boulder, CO

The 1/4" line that comes out of my filter dryer in the drivers side tag axle had also been damaged prior to all of my problems (see original post). I had backed my coach to the left, up a curb into a driveway making a hard right with the wheels. In doing so, I believe that the steering axle tucks in and gets close to the air filter dryer and rubbed on this line and broke it off.

I also elevate the coach prior to backing, to clear a curb and low hanging items under my coach from making contact.

Doing all of this, the coach must be twisting, wheel is raising, turning, all very close if not past design limits that allow this contact to happen. I would stop and take a picture and share, but I'm holding traffic both directions at this driveway and nobody would be very happy with me, except a few Newell Guru's

I only fixed that line, thinking that would be all that I would have as an issue. My first post here, is the lesson learned from that incident.

I have not repeated this backing in the same way since.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My 1/4" line is tied back pretty far away such that I don't think the tag could touch it in any orientation, although now you've got me curious.

2008 Newell #1234
Boulder, CO