You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Galley workability

Ladies, (I'm not one), and gents as well; can you share your take on the workability of the kitchen galley in mid entry coaches,vintage 2002-2004. It appears that the counter space is lacking and the space between it and the refrigerator appears to be too tight.Can anyone provide dimensions and experiences. This is a concern of my DW.

I have a 2003 mid entry. On my coach there is a really long counter on the passenger side, a full sized fridge across from sink and a electric cooktop next to stove. (I don’t have washer/dryer or second bath)

It is totally enough room. But here the thing....

All these coaches are different. Look at another coach and you will see what I mean. The configuration of the galley is dependent on the number of baths, location of washer/dryer/closets, and other whims of the original owners. Find one that says “Ah....this is what I am talking about”.

For what it’s worth.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Refrigerator handle to edge of cabinet 34.5 inches.
Open refrigerator door to edge of cabinet 17 inches. 

Counter space will vary as Bill says. 

I cook routinely in the coach, and the galley is very workable. Yes counter space is at a premium, so the only appliance that lives on the counter is the coffer maker. We use the convection oven as the toaster.

Rhonda and I team prep meals. The only hard and fast rule is that she can’t go into fridge while I am chopping or slicing. 

It’s not the kitchen you would find in a house, but it is extremely versatile. I have prepped entire T’day dinners including a turkey in the galley. 

The convection oven is an extremely versatile tool. 

There is a cover for the sink if you need the space for serving. 

We supplement the kitchen with a portable grill and portable propane two burner. That way I cook anything like bacon or burgers outside to avoid grease in the galley. The bride always appreciates that!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

And cook well, you do, Richard! Smile

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou