You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Where’s the ECM?

I don’t see the ENgine Control Module in the engine compartment. A wire bundle runs from the top of the engine forward to under the floor and above the transmission. Don’t see it in the front electrical panel area. Can anybody share where theirs is located?

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Mine is on the passenger side - in the bay immediately aft of the generator cooling fan area. Mounted against the back wall in the bay.

David and MaryLynn Kammeraad
1996 Newell #427
2014 Buick Lacrosse

On my '92 it is on top of the front of the engine (closest to the fan blade) tucked up under the exhaust pipe that goes across the top of the engine from the passenger's side to the street side.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

On my 93 it was located on top of the engine at the radiator end. If I recall correctly there is a plate on the bottom of the box that uses circulating fuel to keep it cool.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Thx guys . That is where it is.. I thought that was "it" but got confused when I couldn't figure out where that wire looms went that came out of it.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.