You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Boneyard in Basset, VA

I was snooping around an old bus graveyard here in Basset Virginia and spotted a Newell Coach of unknown vintage hidden away amongst all the other busses.  There wasn't much space between it and the other busses and what space there was was occupied by trees, but I was able to squeeze through the door and get inside. The interior was pretty thrashed, like someone was trying to find something valuable to take, but other than that it appeared to be solid. I was hoping to find a build number but wasn't for sure where to look. I thought it was a cool find and wanted to share.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It is obvious by the size of the bush/tree growing between the body and the bumper that it has been there some time. Based on the headlights, it is a 1970's model. My best guess would be around 1974-1976 based on the lights, paint scheme and turn signals. Interesting find.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Cool!

Now that’s a project bus!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I was definitely surprised to find an old Newell like that in the middle of nowhere VA.  My wife and I aren't Newell owners but are both from Miami, Oklahoma so it's kinda cool to me.

Intuitive driving experience!

THE KEY IS IN IT!!!

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

I tried starting it but didn't have any luck ha! Here's the front half of the interior.

And the back half.  Twin beds in the bedroom.

looks pretty decent inside

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook
[email protected]

That is interesting.... I wonder how much they want for it?

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I see an ignition switch from Ford Motor Co, 1955-1975 vintage. I also see a bump up of a few inches in the flooring for the cockpit area. Could this be one of the front engined gassers that Newell built with Ford industrial engines?

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59