You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air bag suspension

Are there pros and cons of parking/storage of bus with the bags fully aired up or dropped all the way down?

Mark and Melanie
1985 Newell 40’
#75 ? (still not confirmed)
First motor coach

Newell advised me to store the coach with air out, thus all the way down.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

i store mine all the way down. when we lived in it the past 7 months (home now), i had it all the way down as well. makes the first step in lower too.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

So what is the best way to but it all the way down? I tried using the leveling switches but it doesn't look all the way down, should I bleed all the air out to put it down?

Mark and Melanie
1985 Newell 40’
#75 ? (still not confirmed)
First motor coach

the leveling system should let you let all the air out.

tom

I never dropped mine during storage though when it got really cold air leaks would drop it.

I guess I don't understand the benefits of dropping it. When I spent months in it, I just leveled it an left it at that. The only benefit I can conjure is if over time there is differential in bags deflating that result in some stresses on the coach. Unless the storage spot is level that same thing could happen by dropping the coach.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

i can only speak for me.

mine has an ebrake strangeness that causes the coach to creak and moan as things shift a little bit if it is aired up and parked long term. when leveling it i have to release the e brake several times or it binds up

also, my front drivers side leaks a little and causes it to drop. so i just let all the air out and i dont have an issue. in addition, it makes the entrance step closer to the ground.

tom