You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Road King Shocks

Does anyone know what is going on at Roadking Shocks?

Based on good recommendations from several gurus who had them installed, homie ordered a set for our coach. When I emailed to check on delivery, no response. Website does not load. Phone calls to number listed result in phone disconnected message. BBB in Montrose lists them as out of business. 

I may or may not get my money back, I am letting VISA work it out. 

Oh well.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

So... Are u thinking Bilstein??

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I am thinking leave the Koni’s On it. They weren’t worn out, I was reacting to several coaches I had driven that had the Roadkings installed. They definitely kept the coach from moving around a lot.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Sorry about the Roadkings

I can confirm that the website is not operating...but that the url registration has not expired.

It does look like they are out of business.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Wondering how you ordered them if their site is down ? I remember reading some time ago they folded up.

Anyone checked with Newell to see if they have any in stock?

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

I have some great news!  The shock that was rebranded "RoadKing" is still alive and well, just the company who rebranded them went out of business.  I went directly to the source who manufactured the RoadKing shocks, www.kingshocks.com  I gave them the VIN# of the coach and not only did they match all the shocks but sell them $300 cheaper than what Newell charges for them.  Right now they're about 1-2 weeks out but you'll have "RoadKing" shocks for less than $3000 out the door.  You want to talk to Nick.

Nick Kelleher
King Shock Technology, Inc.
Sales and Technical Support
Office Desk 714 622 4639
Cell 657 296 0040
Main Shop 714 530 8701

[email protected]

Hope that helps.  I'm excited...

Vinnie

Attached Files
.pdf King Proforma Invoice.pdf Size: 31.27 KB  Downloads: 41

Vinnie 

2003 Newell Coach #667, Triple slide

Are these bolt on, or does there have to be modifications for their fit?

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

They should be bolt on.  I'll let you know once they come in as well as my impressions of the road test post installation.  Nick said he needed 1-2 weeks to build them but knew exactly which shocks the coach needed based on the VIN #.

Vinnie 

2003 Newell Coach #667, Triple slide

Mike,

Based on my conversations and measurements, I would need to modify the front brackets on my coach. I have seen different brackets on the later year DANA front suspensions.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad