You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Owner Here

I just wanted to introduce myself.   My name is Ray and me and my wife decided to get out and explore more.  We found a 1991 Newell and have been running it for 3 months now.  It is number 263 and is in pretty good shape still.  So far we have put around 2k on the clock.  We are new to this, but since we both work we tend to run somewhere on long weekends and when we can get away.  So far the only things that I know are not working are the Jake's, and the step cover.  I am just starting the troubleshooting on the Jake's.   I am hoping it is electrical, but haven't really looked to hard.

1991 Newell Coach 263

Welcome Shrek!
On my ‘93 there were a few broken wires under the valve covers that prevented the Jake from working. Fairly easy fix. Wife and I still work so we are “part timers” as well.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I was hoping it was a fuse, but those all checked out ok.  The relay clicks so appears good, but I haven't checked continuity yet.  I need to go to the back and see if I have controlled power there just haven't had time.  I am grateful to have the books with the coach.

1991 Newell Coach 263

We had a problem with our jake early on after getting blower replaced at Rush Truck center in Las Cruces, NM. Had Stewart & Stevenson in El Paso, TX look at it. Wire was disconnected inside valve cover. $125.00 shop time for fix. Hope yours is as simple. BTW welcome to the forum!!

Thank you. I figure if I have voltage when required in the rear that will only leave a little external wiring then it will be time to pull both valve covers. For now we are just exploring Texas since we are weekend warriors so Jake's aren't a huge must, but they will help when we do palo duro.

1991 Newell Coach 263

Welcome to the group! Hope to see you on the road sometime!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Hello to the group. Just getting the 1992 up and running. Unit 293 has had some neglect but have the old two stroke running like a Swiss watch. Have spent a lot of time getting things in order like the first time on the road steering column so loose found broken bolts. Changed all the airbags myself and shocks. Looking forward to a Texas run in November from so cal.

Where are you planning on going in Texas? I was thinking to do a run to Palo Duro, but it is still too early to know if I will be able to get off. If you are coming toward central texas and want to meet up let me know. Also if you need a hand or tools while you are here reach out.

Mine was well loved and taken care of. I have some minor quirks or issues to sort out, but nothing that is a big deal.

1991 Newell Coach 263