You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

In the process of buying a Newell

New Member here. Presently in the process of putting a deal together on a 1998 Newell. 
Ive owned a dozen RV's including 2 Prevosts, H3 and XL, currently own and just took deposit today on my 2001 Monaco.
Any advice is welcomed. Im a auto shop owner and do most of the work on my coaches myself.

I think my first question is about the basement A/C's ??? Pros, cons, good, bad ???

Basement AC's

Known weakness with compressor current passing through the control board. Bulletproof fix documented on this site.
Control boards available from Newell.
Compressors, and both fan motors replaceable. Part numbers on this site
Louder on the outside than roof tops.
Will keep you plenty cool if they are working correctly.
They do not have charge ports for measuring pressure installed from the factory. So if you have to pull one for service, step one is installing ports.

Pull the cover over the control board and look for signs of high temperature.

The units work, they cool well, and they are repairable. But they are 20 years old, like most 20 year old appliances, expect them to need some TLC to make them good as new. Basement airs are not a reason to walk away from a coach in my opinion.

You can use the search engine on the site, or read the Air Conditioning dedicated section for all the details.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thank you Richard. Your explanation definitely eases my mind concerning the basement A/C's.

This is the coach I'm looking at. Does anyone know anything about it ??? 1998 45ft, 1 slide...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-30-2019, 03:21 PM)Blackjack Joe Wrote:  This is the coach I'm looking at. Does anyone know anything about it ???

No Link.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

I think after 100 tries, I got it...   LOL

Turns out its coach #470 and its 42.6, not 45ft.
So ???   What does anyone know about this coach ???
How do I tell if the slide seals are functioning properly ???

In the process of putting a deal together on a 1998 Newell, single slide.
2001 Monaco Signature Centurion, SOLD.
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Toad.
Joe Rocco. Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Walk up to the slide opening and stick a credit card in the opening. If the slide seal is inflated the card will not go in.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Check your PM's Joe.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com