You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Classic 1984 captain chairs

We are replacing the power seat units as they are past the point of repair.  So while we are at it we are replacing the seats with Flexsteel captain chairs.  Where we can’t make a decision is if there is value in replacing the pedestals at the same time.  The base of the existing pedestals have a 9”x13” bolt pattern and most new pedestals are an 8”x8” bolt pattern.  I know it requires drilling new bolt holes.  I just want to do it all at once if I am going to do it.   So if anyone has experience do the new power seat units bolt directly to the old pedestal bolt holes or what are the distance of the new pedestal bolt holes to the power seat unit ?

Mark and Melanie
1985 Newell 40’
#75 ? (still not confirmed)
First motor coach

I replaced all of my captains chairs with Flexsteel chairs from Bradd and Hall. I bolted all but one of the chairs to the existing pedestals and that is very easy. I used one of their new pedestals for the other as we wanted an footrest. It was much harder to install. You will need to drill new bolt holes through the floor. It will be much fun.

Dkarb, thanks for the reply. Took us a few days but we ordered Flexsteel from Bradd and Hall today. We decide to go with the fun route and get new bases too.

Mark and Melanie
1985 Newell 40’
#75 ? (still not confirmed)
First motor coach