You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Headhunter leak

Gurus,

The Headhunter Mach 5 water pump is installed in quite a number of Newell coaches.  When it works, it is great.  My luck with the HH has been mixed.  I am on my third pump since I have owned the coach.   The most common failure points are the controller or the pressure switch.

I have another failure mode to add to the list.

My fairly new Mach 5 developed a leak IN THE PUMP CASE!  See attached pictures.  The leak was very small but it was enough to cause the pump to cycle.  Thanks to @"Richard" the leak was located see pictures.  It turns out that there was a fault when the case was molded and was just waiting to fail.  The leak is right under the inlet point in a crease in the case.

Note that the leak was not really visible from a cursory inspection.  So....if you have unexplained water in the floor of your water bay, you may have the problem.  To find it turn on a faucet enough to cause the pump to cycle and then use a flashlight to look for drips.  Of course the blue paper towel helps in finding leaks as well.

I talked to HH and they said this "is not a common failure".  I offered to send them pics, but they said they really didn't need those.  Sad. If you have had a case leak in an HH pump, please post to this thread.  HH did say that the case is available for purchase.  (I used the case piece from my spare pump).

bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama