You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

newell for sale at copart auction

So your bid is final and binding on buyer but not on seller. A one sided 'reserve' auction. I did not bid but noticed the terms and conditions. Interesting.

Mark and Marian

1986 #125   (left us for a new home in Oregon)
1999 Wanderlodge LX40
1979 Mc 8 6V92
Pace 28' stacker

Regina Beach SK  Maricopa AZ

I bid, stopped at 9500.  Too much of a gamble for not being able to see it.  Hopefully someone gets her back out on the road again!  Just wont be me.

how much was the winning bid?

it only shows sale has ended

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

It stopped at 9900, with fees total around 12k. That doesnt mean it sold though, seller may have rejected that bid.

It didn't sell i guess as its re listed with a starting bid of 9900 with Four days to go, Id love to know its story!

2008 NEWELL C-15 ZF 1218

I use a place called ridesafely to bid on salvage stuff from time to time, the lady i spoke with told me that its been up to auction before, she said they turned down 26k for it, at the time i thought she made a mistake but... maybe not.

they should have taken 26k. i would never pay that for it.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I would second Tom's assessment. Given the neglect we all can mentally run up the cash register on the parts and labor it would take to get that coach going again. Once you got it reliably operating, you would always have the "salvage title" hanging over your head when you decide to sell. I would think the owners should take what they can get at auction, see the thread "Coach Time to Sell" thread and move on.

Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

You know the saying in the equipment sales is your first loss is your loss.

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell
Coach 459 45 foot 1 slide

WOW, they want atleast 42500 for it.. who would pay that for a non running salvage titled RV??