You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

6th Annual No Rally Rally

I realize the Coronavirus is of concern for many.  I don't foresee canceling the rally at this time.  I have an appointment to meet with Pandion Ridge management next week.  I will post any information on the Guru forum.  Any change in plans will be posted as soon as I know changes need to be made.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve — thanks for your reply. What kinds of things actually go on for this Rally? Are there get-togethers in a room? Meals? Or is it very casual and folks spend time outside, or could be doing the safety terms of 6’ apart and so on.....we have never been, so have no idea as to how it works....

Pam and Ken Cameron
Diamondhead, MS

Full-timed prior in 45’ Travel Supreme Select
Looking to become more informed about and perhaps purchase a used Newell...
Now the new owners of Newell coach #566! 2000, 3 slides, 45’8” 

Pam & Ken,
We do offer get togethers that no one is required to attend.  We offer seminars and many are held outside as they are a show & tell format.  We have pot luck dinners, but no one is required to partake.  There is lots of time for casual interaction between Newell owners and exploration of a fun beach area.  We will use good judgement based on current conditions when the rally approaches.

I will be providing any updates here on the forum as this virus issue is a fast changing issue.  I am currently and am remaining in the Gulf Shores area so I will have first hand information on conditions in the area.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve -

Thank you for your reply.  It’s a changing world day by day and is somewhat surreal.  Guess we will just wait and see what lies ahead.  And if we have toilet paper!  LOL!  Although it’s not actually funny....

Be safe and stay well...

Pam

Pam and Ken Cameron
Diamondhead, MS

Full-timed prior in 45’ Travel Supreme Select
Looking to become more informed about and perhaps purchase a used Newell...
Now the new owners of Newell coach #566! 2000, 3 slides, 45’8” 

Met with Pandion Ridge management.  They are optimistic that businesses will be given the green light in mid April.  Currently Sun Resorts, corporate owner of PR, has waived cancellation fees for reservations in April.  Management is confident that if this virus alert continues, they will waive cancellation fees for May.  Therefore hang in there as nothing to lose at this point.

Virus update:  5 cases and no deaths in Baldwin county.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Hi Everyone,
We are Steve and Kari Yokley from Yukon, Okla.  This will be our first No Rally Rally to attend.
We are in site 66.  We look forward to meeting others.  Praying that this event will not get
cancelled due to the Pandemic.  See you soon  Smile

Steve and Kari Yokley
Coach # 602
Our travel companion is
Lola a Boston Terrier   Heart

I am the other half of Lady in Mercedes  We are so looking forward to getting out and about and new places.

STEVE & Kari Yokley
We have coach 602
And Lola our Boston Terrier

Steve & Kari,
Welcome to the forum & I too am hopeful that we will be able to hold the 6th annual No Rally Rally as scheduled.  I will continue to post on site updates.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

President Trump is supposed to be releasing his federal guidelines to the states for reopening economic activity today.  I would then expect a statement of Alabama's intent regarding the future of its Stay at Home Order by Alabama's Governor. 

I will be posting any updates here as soon as they are released.  We should know very soon whether a rally will be occurring as scheduled.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

With great regret, I am announcing the cancellation of the 6th Annual No Rally Rally.  I have been in the Gulf Shores area since February.  At first the talk was that "things would be opening up by April 17th".  The current Stay at home order is through April 30th and it is rumored that that will be extended until May 17th.  Currently there are no facilities open at Pandion Ridge and no expectation of when they will open.  These conditions make for holding a rally impossible.

Currently Pandion Ridge is giving FULL refunds on reservations through April 30th.  If the area does not reopen I would expect that the refund date would be extended through the rally dates.  I would hold off requesting a refund until absolutely necessary to avoid losing your deposit.

Here is Pandion Ridge's NORMAL cancellation policy.

Cancellation Policy

Daily – at least 72 hours prior to arrival less $25 cancellation fee

Weekly – at least 72 hours prior to arrival less $50 cancellation fee

Monthly – at least 30 days prior to arrival less $100 cancellation fee

*Failure to notify within the stipulated cancellation period, will forfeit deposit. If booking within the cancellation time period, no refunds will be given.

I will continue to post updates when available on the forum.

If anyone is just looking for something to do, feel free to come by and visit Suzy & I at Bella Terra RV Resort.  We will be here until Memorial Day.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531