You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

looking at the dirty side

It's about 93 and 90% humidity here in KY and I've spent most of the day under 385 (yes i used jack stands). 
Yesterday i changed oil and filters, today rebuilt the exhaust system, hose band clamps were holding the muffler up!
Tomorrow I hope to replace the wire that's holding Gen exhaust pipe up. I'm not a real big guy, and I have a tough time getting under this coach. With jacks
lifting it, I can just slide under on a creeper. If Tom is as big as he claims, (maybe we'll meet some day)I don't know how he gets under his coach!

After 2 days hitting my head, I'm thinking I need a Newell house with a pit, and just walk around under the beast

I'm wet with sweat but having a good time

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

I can relate, George. This last week I have changed all fuel filters and the generator oil, adjusted the hall effect sensor for the cruise control, power washed the radiator and engine in preparing for a trip to Ocean Lakes Resort in Myrtle beach. We are planning to leave tomorrow.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

So it won't damage anything in the engine compartment if I steam clean with a degreaser ? I would like to put a nice cleaning and detail on it .

ACR 502 1998 newell double slide 

It is important to keep the radiator clean. Especially those with the rad in the rear. All the oil drips and road dirt get pushed through it. I’ve never used steam. Some do. Just be careful around air intake and electrical junctions.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.