You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach Time to Sell

As Ernie mentioned, Incredible Bank truly understands the coach financing world. They actually have a Prevost and active pursue coach lending.

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

Incredible will loan on a Prevost to twenty years old. Jan 1st it will change to 2001 and up. But on a Newell only to 12 years, 2008.  I had this discussion with Incredible last month.

"We can go back to 2008 on Newell coaches typically.

We like to see 20% down on use units."

We still haven't found the coach that fits us, so I haven't asked if they would finance with more down.  I need to ask that question.  Seems like a large disparity in years.  Then again maybe they don't know Newell market like they do the Prevost market.  They won't even loan on a Bluebird, but Voyager will.

2005 Blue Bird Wanderlodge M450 43' 9"

The financing question has come up before. MOT (Motorhomes of Texas) in Nacogdoches TX has had in the past a few options for financing on their owned and consignment units. If they have something you're interested in or to find out who they use it might be worth calling them and speak to Mel (sales manager) or Jason (general manager).

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I looked for a long time for the right coach in my price range
the place to go for a loan for a ten year or older coach is usaa
as long as yourself or someone in your family was in the service you qualifty
had a loan in no time

Truman, can you share a little more info with us, such as...year of your Coach, term of the loan, was the loan for value or a percentage of what you paid?

Thanks!

Life is what you make it.

A caveat to Truman's post about USAA, they, like many others will not touch a "Full Time" coach.

Paul Norris
ex1954 Piper Tri-Pacer N8003C
ex2012 Mercedes 350SLK
ex2015 Surveyor 201 RBS
ex1966 Cherokee 235 N38DD
Now 1996 Newell 420
one toy at a time

I too have been looking for a newell for a year or so. Yes, sellers absolutely do overprice their rigs when first put on the market. You can watch the price drop drastically month after month. I guess that the practice is so overused now that it's the only way these RVs get listed nowadays. Gone are the days of just listing it right off the bat for a fair price nearer your bottom dollar. Now we have to wade through these ridiculously priced coaches and wait for them to drop into a value range that we know is reasonable. I guess owners like to sit on unsold coaches for month and months?

We used a home equity loan to get ours.

Another thing to consider is the difficulty in finding qualified shops to work on older motorhomes, so that reduces the pool of available buyers too.

Then, there is the inevitable Easter egg hunt to find replacement parts that fit . . . . . .

We LOVE our 33 year old coach !!!!!

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740