You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Value of Guru friends!!!!

I was looking for a somewhat rare car and found one that sounded good in the Birmingham, AL area.  I was able to call a Guru friend in Birmingham who agreed to go look at the car in person.  He provided me with a hands on evaluation and numerous photos.  All of this was done on a freezing cold day.

A very special thank you to Bill Johnson--Guru Bikestuff.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Awwww. Blush!

Steve was one of the first folks to welcome me into this group. Over the years he has talked me off of many a ledge. Come to think of it. He is not the only one. Several other gurus have talked me off the ledge. (I must get out on the ledge pretty often).

The gurus are a terrific group and I am fortunate that I stumbled into the site.

[When Steve figures out that I bought car out from under him...I bet he is gonna be pretty mad!! Wink. ]

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Steve, You must share details at some point. I'm sure there are more than a few of us that are car crazy and need to live out our car fantasy, vicariously thru others

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Dave,
Between just you & me, I am hoping that Bill buys the car, but lets me drive it.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Do tell, fellow car guys need to know, year, make, model, color, and horsepower of course :-)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

A few years ago when we bought a class C Steve Magown graciously drove over to give it a look over. While he was still on crutches! That's the kind of friends that you'll find here.
And nobody here keeps score, just out to help others.
BTW we need to know what car!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest, find something else for me to go look at, I need some more of Cindy's gumbo and bread pudding!!!

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

steve m. i am trimming some trees this morning. can you come over and help?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Well Bill didn't buy the car.  Truth is Bill has more money than I do and would buy new and not an antique.  Bill may be waiting for the rumored Cadillac XLR that may be built on the mid engine corvette chassis.  Only $149,000.

I did buy the car.  It is a '09 Cadillac XLR--the last year they were manufactured.  It is built on a C5 Corvette chassis and is powered by the 320hp Northstar Cadillac engine.  It is red crystal tintcoat with cashmere interior.  It is not a museum car, but will be a very fun daily driver!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Nice!! but can you tow it?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337