You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Road Assistance Inquiry

Hey All,
Wondering if you all have an idea as to the best value in roadside assistance programs?  I realize it is all dependent on personal risk tolerance but there has to be a solution that would cover all the biggies without having a pocket full of membership cards.

Thanks
Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

i seem to renew my coachnet each year. it covers the coach and any car i or darlene is driving.

i have used it a number of times with zero issues.

my two cents worth

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I use FMCA roadside assistance. I had to be towed this summer due to steering box leaking. FMCA was excellent. I found the local best service provider and FMCA worked through them to schedule and pay. All went off without a problem. I renewed recently.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

I've used my USAA roadside assistance without any issues to get mine towed.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

To clarify my post above, I have USAA insurance for my cars and home and my motorhome is insured by Progressive through USAA. I have used my USAA roadside assistance to have my motorhome towed without issue.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

We picked up the coach insurance, underwritten by Progressive through FMCA.  It includes the towing to the nearest service facility.   Within that policy is the "comprehensive" option with a $500 deductible.  We also have the Good Sam Roadside assistance.  We are looking for the best value as far as the big hitting surprises one might have.  Thank you all for your resonses!

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

We have coachnet primarily because it is bundled with our coach insurance. I have had to use it twice, and I have learned one thing. In both cases the person trying to arrange the towing or recovery is pretty much limited to the same internet resources you have. The first time I depended on them to find the towing company and the folks that showed up were marginal. The second time I knew who I wanted based on the campground recommendation. After a bit of conversation, the company I wanted showed up. The results were stellar.

It's sort of hard to imagine that in the midst of needing a tow, that you would have the time to research towing options. It's not the first thing that comes to mind. But on the other hand the coach isn't going anywhere, and the more you can do to get the right towing company is only going to work for you.

I found it helpful to describe the coach more as a Prevost passenger bus than a motorhome.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard,
Thanks for the heads up on Provost designation. I will check with out underwriter to see if the towing is under Coachnet or I get to pick whomever and send them the receipts.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Steve, sorry for the lack of specificity. I chose the towing company and Coachnet made the arrangements with the towing company. Coachnet paid them directly. I just told Coachnet who to call.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I used Coach Net for years, but switched to FMCA Road Side Assistance. There is a member on this board that is a Vice President for FMCA. 

Reese Cantrell
Newell Coach 1242