You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

bedroom slide seal valve leaking

i have been working on getting my 99 ready to sell.  it had a leaky slide seal which thankfully ended up being the shutoff ball valve on the regulator under the bed.  

i replaced the valve, and put a new 0-30psi gauge on and added the must have add on of the 12v vacuum pump.  i found an old aluminum bracket in my old parts pile and used it to mount the vacuum pump on.  the pump is on the bottom side of the roundish bracket attached to the slide rectangular tubing.  i used a packard plug to make it removable if needed. 

when the bedroom slide seal would inflate it made alot of noise.  ends up the regulator was set at 28psi....way to high.  i cut it down to about 14psi. i will check it in the morning and see if i should bump it up a little or not.  

i have had 3 of these valves leak now, two on this one and one on my 02.  

just a note to not always assume it is the slide seal itself, but perhaps a leak might be in the regulator set up.  

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Interesting that we seen to have a few common air leak failure modes on this era coach. I too have replaced the shutoff valves to air seals because they were leaking.

Add this to the cracked air water separator bowls as a place to look.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )