You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

I joined in 2017, but looking for my first. #746 officially ours!

Hello All!,  

We currently own a 01 National Islander. I've been a lurker here for a few years & I've always loved the Newell. My DW and I are entering our retirement years and we'd like to transition into full time in the next year or so. We have owned three rigs in the past 6 years and now we are looking to get into the Newell family.

I am a custom home designer for the last 35 years, I drive a school bus in N. California by day and run two airbnb apartments the rest of the time so I have a busy life. I love buying and rebuilding exotic cars as a hobby (wife not always happy about that but she let's me anyway) LOL 

We both love glamping and remodeling RV's.

Thus far everyone that I have reached out to has been really kind and helpful in guiding me on our hunt for the right Newell for us. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions and I can't wait to meet the Newell family in person.

Carthan aka Rundlc

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Welcome to the Forum! What is your price range for a Newell? That will determine which years you look at. If you are looking at older coaches you might consider Foretravel and Bluebird Wanderlodge coaches as well. I'm not a fan of fiberglass but Foretravel does make a nice coach - I've had a few... We love our Newell and may be moving up soon.
Adrian

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Welcome from a SF bay area guy. My wife and I still come back to the Bay area for family and friends but spend most our time in our Newell away from the hustle and bustle.

Keep us posted on your ventures, the group is a wealth of knowledge for these coaches.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Thanks guys I appreciate it! I'm def going to be in the 2000-2003 range, prefer quad but know thats a tough one. Has to be bath +1/2. I recently fell in love with 606 but it looks like thats going to be a wash. I will regroup and keep looking, 554 & 580 could be possible, plan on traveling to Palm Springs & possibly Arizona this coming weekend to see them both.

I Have been in contact with three members here already and I can tell you, you all are a great bunch and I really can't wait to join the family but was advised to slow down and take my time.

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

Well its official!! I had to insure #746 before they would release funds to the seller!! So I guess that makes us the new owners!!!!! I never thought I would ever own a Newell, if you had told me a year ago I would have said you're nuts!! I head back to Florida in about 4 weeks to bring her to Cali. She is an 05 quad slide center island bed. 515 Detroit. We are very excited and we are in the process of getting the conc pad installed, tons of work ahead.

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

Congrats!! I know you have been looking earnestly for a while now. Glad you found one that meets your needs.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Congratulations!! I know your search has been long and arduous, but you will now reap the rewards of your patience! The pictures look great, cant wait to see it in person.

F-150  Toad
David and Mimi
Apollo Beach Florida
Photo 

Thanks guys! I appreciate that. I find myself still looking at other rv's just a habit of mine, it's a sickness that I have LOL

Here are a few pics of our new coach

[Image: 10347471_836721223018220_5653272291389499117_n.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1865.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1863%201.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1788.jpg]

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

very nice

congrats

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That's an attractive coach. I'm glad you found the center island bed suitable for you. Enjoy it.

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou