You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Glue Paint Chip?

I have a large paint chip on the front of the coach (generator panel cover) that I would like to keep from falling off. It is starting to curl up a little at the edges. I know nothing about paint and am asking for any advice on what I can use to glue or otherwise adhere this chip in place. Any miracle adhesive or technique to share?

Glenn & Laureen Parker
Austin, Texas
1984 Newell 35'  (Coach #58? - not confirmed)
6v92 TA Detroit Diesel, MT654 Allison 5 speed trans
2005 Honda Element toad
2007 Honda S2000 fun car

No miracles for that.

But short of sanding it down, and repainting, you could try this. First tape the edges with masking tape. You will have to be careful, and use a razor to get the tape trimmed to the edges of the chip. Get a curved tip dental syringe from Amazon. Fill it it gel super glue. Use the curved tip to get the superglue behind the chip. Now press the chip against the substrate for a couple of minutes. Obviously some of the glue will squeeze out. This is why you used the masking tape. Do not allow the glue to get on the paint, ANYWHERE. It would be a project in itself to remove the glue.

This is a not a long term fix.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thank you, Richard. I will give that a try later this week when the weather improves.

Glenn & Laureen Parker
Austin, Texas
1984 Newell 35'  (Coach #58? - not confirmed)
6v92 TA Detroit Diesel, MT654 Allison 5 speed trans
2005 Honda Element toad
2007 Honda S2000 fun car