You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Kool Newell

Northbound I-75 in Florida. Anybody recognize this Newell?

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Man! That is one fine looking coach! I wonder who that good looking driver is!

PS. I hope the coach was not driving erratically! If it was...probably it was Roro driving.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

You were doing a fine job over there in the right lane!! We were in the black Grand Cherokee that roared by u on our way back to Indiana!! (I’m sure u remember .. B). )

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Bill, I hope you left your motorcycle behind and did not loose it on the trip :-)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Mike,

It was a quick trip so I left it at home.

Here the weird part of not having the cycle on the back. I think the coach drove better....way better. It might be my imagination, but the coach seemed “happier” not to have the 600lb cycle on the back.

I am seriously thinking about removing the lift and just towing my Jeep. We shall see. Smile

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill, can you test your theory by leaving the lift and towing the Jeep?

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

I had a Can-AM Spyder on a Hydralift at the back of my 45 Navigator and cant say I really noticed any difference. The only 'trick' was that I would always add a few PSI to the Tag axle to compensate.  If you really wanted to 'engineer' the drive, I'd recommend you weigh the rig with the bike the back and try and balance the tag so the front axle is carrying the same weight as was without. Important for the ride to balance the loads on each axle to 'spec' depending on load. Worked for me!

The new (to me) Newell doesn't have a lift so I have been wondering what to do with the Spyder.

Taking the winding road.