You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Steps to Rebuild a Six Pack Solenoid

Put the brass body in a vise. Grab the stem with channel locks or such. Have at it. Take emery paper and clean up the stem when finished so the solenoid magnet will slide back on . Did it this way for years until Tom supplied the tool. Ugly but effective. Kind of like me................

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

hello all, in tonys defense, he has already tried all the things suggested. i have talked to him a few times about it as he has tried.

tony, if you want to send them to me i will be glad to do it for you. or at least destroy them trying....ha

let me know

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Have you tried applying heat? Either with a heat gun or with a torch. Be careful if using a torch to not overheat it, don't want to melt the o-rings or valve seat. After applying heat for a while to get it hot then spray a penetrating oil on it and try to unscrew it. Maybe try doing this a couple times.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

he doesnt care about the valve seat or the o rings. he has new ones to put in

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Update. First, thanks for all of the suggestions. I was able to get three of them apart. I did damage one of the large I o ring channels on one of the Brass bases. I guess I had setting to high in vice.
@ tom: I appreciate the offer but they are already on the way to Richard. Besides, you need a break after the marathon slide job.
Hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year holiday. We are heading down to Keys for some sun and relaxation. Need to recharge the batteries. Tony

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC