You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

3 week trip

That just might be a lap worth sitting on!!

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

Moved over to Michigan Raceway for 3 days of NASCAR racing. Hopefully the rain is over as we had our 7th straight day with rain. If there are any other Newell owners at the track, come by Tree Farm campground & say HI.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Three days of great racing and time with friends. One of my friends has a GMC motorhome that has 535,000 miles. I'm trying to keep up with him. We started home today. One more rainy day in Indiana. Newell is performing perfectly--even the voltage guage worked. Mileage has leveled out at a respectable 8.31.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

that mileage is incredible. how fast are you driving on average do you think?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I set the cruise at 63. Most of the mileage today was off the interstate, so we probably averaged 55. I'm taking the mileage right off the Detroit Pro Driver.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Actually had a travel day that did not include rain. We continue to see lots of towable rvs, but very few motorhomes. Trip took an unfortunate turn as we are now enroute to Alabama for a unexpected memorial service for my sister. Now that we are back in the midwest the mileage continues to climb---8.41 overall for the entire trip. Had to use the merge switch twice today. Looks like my starter batteries, that are dated 12-2004, are giving up. Otherwise the Newell is running terrific and is very enjoyable to drive.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Problem free travel day into the heat & dryness of northern Mississippi. I-57 through Illinois & Missouri is a very easy drive. The Newell is performing perfectly! In the flat terrain of the Midwest the mileage has now climbed to 8.45 mpg. The a/cs are again getting a workout. Again able to meet my summertime goal of "pool by 3"

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(08-22-2012, 06:41 PM)rheavn Wrote:  Problem free travel day into the heat & dryness of northern Mississippi. I-57 through Illinois & Missouri is a very easy drive. The Newell is performing perfectly! In the flat terrain of the Midwest the mileage has now climbed to 8.45 mpg. The a/cs are again getting a workout. Again able to meet my summertime goal of "pool by 3"

It's dry in Mississippi? I was imagining 95+% humidity this time of year....lol!

Glad your trip is uneventful, and, of course, it's always good to have a days end goal....being in the pool by 3 sounds good to me!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Clarke,
It is hot--93. Unusually dry. Grass is all brown. Usually very humid this time of year, but not this year.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Reached our destination in eastern Mississippi. Hot & dry. Travel today was totally off interstate, but mileage continues to creep up--8.48 mpg. Coach is looking very used after 3 weeks on the road. 10 foot rule is now in effect.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531