You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

night day blinds

I went with the MCD manual system. It was about 2500 for the whole coach, and I did the install. If you already have power shades you can use the electric versions. Probably close to double the cost. I didn't have 12V at many of the valences, plus pulling down the shades works my triceps like beer works my biceps.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard

Those shades look great. We don't have power shades but have rather unique wall coverings shaped like larger ship portholes, making it difficult to get to the upper supports for new shades, see attached photo. I think I would have to remove them first

Thanks
Dario

Picture did not upload so I will try again

Dario

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yep, snapping them into the new clips was a bear because of the limited access behind the valence, and the blind needs to tilt in order to rotate into the clip. I did remove the screws in a few valences, and just slide them out of the way without disconnecting the valence lights. A bit cumbersome but doable.

On the ones with slightly better access, I used a combintation of tricks to get them into the brackets. First unroll the shade as far as possible to give a little more rotation angle. After I got one edge of the mounting rail in the clip, I used a radiator hose puller (essentially a rod with a two inch right angle bend at the end) to put between the roller and the rail. That allowed me to exert enough force upward on the rail to get it to clip in.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

The window valences are held in by black screws buried in the black felt that surrounds the windows. Usually, there are two screws on each side. Don’t worry about finding the original hole when you put them back. Mine have about 1000 holes in the supports where the valance was removed and replaced.

Pro-tip. Install some quick connects in the wires so that next time you want to remove the valance, you simply have to disconnect wires and move valence.

I have the electric version of the MCD shades. Wall mounted wireless remotes are a big improvement over the original switches.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama