You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

head hunter pump builds no pressure

Yes we do some dry camping in the desert 8 to 10 days at a time plus on the road so it would be a little more like home to take the serge out . I did get the filter out but should have picked up the strap wrench but instead being stubborn went and sprained my left thumb and racked my right hand on those sharp edges whewww! And I have only found that one water filter. Nothing under sink. Thanks for all the great info gurus it would be very difficult to own a nice rig like this and have to stumble around to learn as I go , Great info.

ACR 502 1998 newell double slide 

This tool makes changing the sediment filter easy.

https://www.amazon.com/Pentek-SW-2-Stand...474&sr=8-5

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I have installed the head hunter, now trying to figure out where and how to plumb it in.  Is your inlet line going to the pump 1"? What size is the discharge line, and where is it hooked up to? I want to still utilize the 2 12 Volt pumps that I am currently using. The only place I had to install the HH pump was to the left of the AH. Pictures would be great.

Jeff

Jeff and Pam Reganall
1996 45' Newell Coach #432 Series 60, Allison 6 Speed
Towing 2012 3/4T Ram Truck loaded with the RZR XP Turbo

jeff,  

here is a picture of the install i just finished putting a new mach5 headhunter in the 99 that i have and getting ready to sell.

the inlet coming from the bottom of the water tank is 1" going to the pump.

on my 99 the outlet is a 1" plastic fitting converted to 3/4" pex.    on my 02 it is 1" outlet as well.  

there is a single 12v pump on both of mine and i replace it with a higher flow sureflo on the 99.  

there is a checkvalve between the outlet of the headhunter and the outlet of the 12v pump to prevent the headhunter from forcing water back into the 12v pump

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

i made the mount for the 12v pump out of 1/8" diamondplate and put vibration isolators between the plate and the wood attached to the wall. then the rubber isolators on the pump itself between it and the plate.

a little overkill but that is me

tom

the water coming out of the pump on mine goes to the whole house cannister filter and then from there to the water manifold for distribution to all the various places in the coach

tom

Thank you Tom,

This Helps a lot.   Smile

Jeff and Pam Reganall
1996 45' Newell Coach #432 Series 60, Allison 6 Speed
Towing 2012 3/4T Ram Truck loaded with the RZR XP Turbo