You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Weird thing happening with air gauge

Thanks to all and no apologies needed, DKontheroad has been sending me info via text and has been a GREAT help to me thus far. We were stumped as to why all of a sudden the air valve would go down to zero and the pumps couldnt move the air gauge until I started the engine and then the gauge would start to work.

After starting, the gauge pressurizes and begins to operate normally until the next time I found it at zero with pump running. it's like it needed a boost to get it going again or maybe the "unloader valve" has something to do with it. I dont seem to have any leaks in and or around the dryer valve and or fittings.

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Appreciate that Dave is helping via text. Like I posted earlier, our data base on the guru site is light on the newer coaches. I hope that you will help build the experience base by posting what you find. Thanks!

So one approach for a suspect component in the air system is to cobble a temporary bypass to see if the problem goes away. It’s more trouble, but far cheaper than throwing parts at it that you don’t need.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I will do what I can with my limited experience. As I learn more I'll post it up in hope's of helping someone else.

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive