You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

SQUARE D Recall

Try this link for heater replacements. www.morelectricheating.com

They have parts & replacement toe kick heaters. Always been easy to deal with.

Gordon Jones

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

[/quote]

Hey Todd....yeah...we have a Carbon Monoxide detector, and a smoke alarm. I don't have an LPG detector.
[/quote]

This surprises me Clarke, but no two are the same...
First thing I did after the purchase was make sure that the "sniffer" worked and then had to replace it because it didn't (LPG is Heavier than Air and with our Boating experience we were very concerned). It is not a requirement for RV's (the LPG Sniffer) just a very good safety item and could possibly help to limit Fire Exposure! Solenoid on the Propane by the Tank and a Panel on the Interior to help ensure that there are no LPG Leaks at the interior to start an explosion.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Okay, the King Electric PAW heater arrived at Richard and Rhonda's home Tuesday....24 hours after I ordered it from Amazon Prime. I started in to install it this morning. the opening for the old heater was 12" wide by 4" high.....the King Electric heater is 6" tall so I had to increase the height of the opening by 2". Richard loaned me his jigsaw, and I removed the 2"....after a little extra trimming the metal box for the heater fit in perfectly. Then it was just a matter of putting the heating element back in and wiring it up. Right now I am leaving it on the 1500 watt factory setting, but it is easy to change by just disconnecting one of the 3 heating elements...there is a 250 watt post, a 500 watt post, and a 750 watt post. Is there any reason why I would want to reduce the wattage? When I turn it on it draws about 11 amps at the 1500 watt setting ....slightly more than the old Square D, which drew 10 amps. It is even quieter than the Square D one, which was pretty quiet.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Clark it depends on what you are heating. The one in my bedroom I set at 1000 (250 & 750 post) in the bathroom I used the 500 watt, in the Living room I used the 1500 watt.. if that is any help.. You need to consider total draw on those really cool nights when you don't want to run the furnaces...

Jimmy

(04-05-2013, 12:53 PM)Ozarkguy Wrote:  Clark it depends on what you are heating. The one in my bedroom I set at 1000 (250 & 750 post) in the bathroom I used the 500 watt, in the Living room I used the 1500 watt.. if that is any help.. You need to consider total draw on those really cool nights when you don't want to run the furnaces...

Okay, this one is in the living room, which is the biggest space in the coach, so I've got it on the right setting then.....thank you very much!

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

Enjoying the new heater.....puts out heat faster, and farther into the living room, and slightly quieter. It was very easy to assemble/install, and the directions provided were very clear and helpful. I never like to cut new holes in anything on the Newell, but once I realized I only had to make the opening 2" taller I got over that pretty quickly. It is nice to have an open ended time frame to accomplish a job like this....no rushing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

Nice job Clark!

Jimmy

The Grill looks just like the CADET. I wonder if they are made at the same factory?

Clarke I left ours set at 1500 Watts in our Bedroom. I will be changing the rest out this summer, looking for discounts!

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

(04-06-2013, 05:25 PM)prairieschooner Wrote:  The Grill looks just like the CADET. I wonder if they are made at the same factory?

Clarke I left ours set at 1500 Watts in our Bedroom. I will be changing the rest out this summer, looking for discounts!

What's the best price you have seen? I paid $161 shipped for this one.

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

I paid $143.00 shipped but that was for 2 they are 151 for a single heater. Here is the link, take a look;
http://www.westsidewholesale.com/heating...c151w.html