You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2001 for 71,000

Some damage.  Salvage title.  Might be right for someone.  ?‍♂️

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333592143070

Steve and Linda Burleson 
28 years of RVing
Current RVs: 1986 Newell #125 w/2004 Ram 3500
2006 Keystone Raptor Toyhauler 30' stays at the family farm 
Previous RVs: 1989 Rockwood Driftwood 35' gasser
1978 Georgie Boy 28' 

It cleaned up nicely, I believe this coach was the one that sold recently at the copart auction. It looked ROUGH in the pictures from copart.. I wonder what it sold for??

Just my opinion....... but

That looks like such a pig with lipstick, usually I don’t speak out unless it utterly bothers me. Yes sometimes if it’s cheap enough but this thing looks like it would nickel and dime you to death and I still would not be happy. Just a few things. Looks like almost every exterior panel is beat up or need fiberglass work or paint. The back end the lines are off, the front generator cover doesn’t even fit right. 

I don’t mine buying rebuilt when it’s done right. That’s all I see now were I live on Craigslist and Facebook, rebuilders not blending the paint, lines not correct, cutting so many corners, I feel like they are giving a bad name to rebuilt salvage. Just shoddy workmanship for a quick buck.

Looks like rust in all areas, rivets down the exterior of the slides, Aqua hot inop added water heater. Interior leather all worn, dash messed up, plus the comments about what he actually says needs fixed or what’s inop.  Just is a taste of what has been ..... to JUST get by.

If you’re going to buy a Newell don’t embarrass the brand with this one. Usually I would say a Newell owner is proud to show others there coach, and how beautifully built it is. I’d just be embarrassed if I owned it, I don’t know how you could show it, maybe pull the name off and slap a Monaco on it,Lol

Rant over, just be careful these things will each your lunch if you don’t know anything about what it really takes to own one of these.

Johnny
Former   1987 Newell series 60
Former 1986 Newell -92-
Wichita,Ks

i will say this. he appears to have full disclosure pictures.

i agree, i think if this coach could talk, there are some real good stories it could tell. much more than the generator came out. that may just be the last story.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I have to agree with @"Johnyboy", if you do a Google search on the VIN you'll find lots of disturbing information on this coach.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

This coach is a good example of why Newell won't work on a salvage coach. Whoever buys this will probably not want to spend the money to get it up to a Newell's standards.
BTW I think this one was owned by Mr. Magoo...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8GTHXTEvIc

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337