You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What is this, and what does it do?

Thanks Richard, I was speculating about the location of the front salon limit switches and what might be learned from them. I agree that it's time to call Newell. Will report findings!

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

I don’t know everything you have tried, so pardon if this is already evaluated path.

I would pull the room in, and open all the access panels in the area beneath the bed. My thinking is the switch may be hidden from view with the room out. Some of us have little endoscopic cameras that could be used to snake around and look into hidden spaces.

And one last idea, I see red and black wires for the switch in your picture. If you follow the green and black wire pair, where does that go?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Just got off the phone with Mark Merritt at Newell. He says that the HWH slides that use magnets to detect the retracted position were originally equipped with magnets under the roof skin of the slide. Everyone who has magnets visible on their roofs has had them added over the years. I just held a small screw near each pin socket, and it stuck to the magnetic spot in each case. So maybe one of my detectors is the problem, or maybe I need to add the stronger external magnets. Will report the results. (also posted this reply in the thread, "Slide Pin Sensors")

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

What a great find! Thank you so much for posting the info. This is sure to help another guru in the future.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )