You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Shower door lock

Hello all,

Looking for the 100% scale drawing to download and make or if anybody has one to sell, I am interested in finding the plexiglass lock for the shower door.

Anybody ?
Thanks    

MG

I bought my replacement from Newell. $25 if I remember correctly 2 years ago. I just broke mine about 2 weeks ago. I am making a copy with a $1 piece (that can make 2) of plastic from Tap plastics by tracing and a jigsaw.

I'll let you know how well I trace and cut. I'm not a brain surgeon, but I might be able to duplicate.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

In a pinch, buy some large diameter clear tubing at lowes/HD. Cut it to length, and slit longways. Slips over the round bar and keeps door from moving. Works great for us.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

i had some made by a water jet cutting place that does alot of my metal work.

the challenge is finding the right material. the first one they did broke right away. the next one seems to work and is lexan but was a little thinner material.

the prevo guys mostly seem to drill a hole in the bottom rail and put a push button locking quick release pin in.

then the question becomes do you do it with door open or closed.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I used to travel with door closed...but have come to believe that you should travel with door open. The fixed panel gives more support to the door than the top bar does. Since the top bar is the most fragile part of the whole shebang it makes sense to minimize the forces on it. FWIW.

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Any development on the lock ?

Anybody has one to sell ?

MG

I have not made my replacement yet. I'm remodeling a house and building a shop so I have some tools in storage. I don't know when I'm going to get to it for sure.
I also have been traveling quite a bit with the Newell and have been placing a huge blanket against the open door at the base and a few boxes in the shower on the other side of the blanket and it keeps it rattle free.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Marius,

It seems as the best two options are to go with Richard's idea of a long clear tube over the top rod...or order one from Newell. I really like Richard's idea because the Newell plastic thingy seems to put a lot of lateral pressure on the door. Yes, it holds it but if it breaks the glass....well that would be a very expensive problem. The down side of the tube idea is there is no obvious way to store the thing when the shower is open.

For what it's worth.

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Thank you folks.

MG

Marius. Check your email

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH