You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Arcol mirrors installed!

After a bunch of internet searching I finally found the Arcol mirrors from Spain that Newell installed as an upgrade on so many 05 and up units.

When I first saw the chrome ones on 751 I just knew I had to have them! My DW said "you don't need those mirrors" and you know what? She was correct I didn't need them, but I wanted them.

So after wiring some of my hard earned $$ to Spain we waited for six weeks for the big brown truck to arrive.

The mirror got here a little late but they arrived undamaged. 

I bugged the crap out of Mike at newell to give me some advice on how to install them. After nervously drilling holes in the side of our new to us rig we got started. 

I'm happy with the way they look but I want to reinforce them with some steel plates behind the fiberglass. Right now we just went thru the side cabinet. I think there is a small gap between the the fiberglass and cabinet, with some foam sprayed in the gap.

I want to cut out the wood, remove the foam and put some that steel plate flush behind the bracket that the mirrors hang on so that i don't take a chance on the fiberglass cap cracking while trying to support this 20lb mirror

[Image: 20200629_073516.jpg]

[Image: 20200628_193654.jpg]

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

How fun are those! Good job!

I upgraded mirrors right after I got my coach (10 years ago)...and ended up with cameras mounted in the bottom mirror element. I have never really hooked them up to a monitor but it did give me an idea.

What if you put rear facing cameras in the spaces where the old mounts were. It would mean that you would not have to fiberglass and patch the old holes. Just modify the old mounts and paint black.

Just an idea.

Cheers!
Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill,

That is what I am wanting to do, I just need the right concept so that they blend in and look like they belong.

Rundlc aka Carthan

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

Looks really good and nice job installing. What was the final cost for this project?

Michael and Mona Corrigan
2008 Newell #1248
2010 Mini Cooper S

Mhcorrigan,

Im not sure what the upgrade from Newell would have been but Im sure it would have been double what I spent which was under 2k if you are interested I can put you in touch with the young lady that made it happen for me.

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

Bikestuff, If you have any ideas on what would look good so that I dont have to remove those mounts I am all ears! I need ideas guys.

please feel free to chime in with any advice

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

These mirrors are the Arco Gaudi series. See:

https://arcol.es/product-detail/mod-320-316/?lang=en

[Image: arcol-retrovisores-mod-320-316-gran-01.jpg]

Taking the winding road.

Our's has those mirrors and the view they provide is excellent. I hope you'll enjoy them. Beautiful installation

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

Winegrower, Thanks it was a pricey addition but I just had to have them. I'm now preparing to get it to body and paint to permanently delete the low mount brackets. I made sure I got all four colors of the coach paint from newell too!

@ Pete, yes they are, I was told by Newell they were no longer available, I guess that was partly true, the chrome are not but the black can still be purchased from Spain. It took a little digging though.

Steerable tag 
Allison trans