You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Uncommanded Air Dump

btw, it was a commanded air dump. just by the mysterious mr hwh man who lives in the little box in the bay

glad you didnt change any airbags.....

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Postscript:
With all said and done, I just learned how to command the leveling system to turn off. When using the HWH system, I have always turned on the ignition key, done my thing, and turned off the key. Upon reading the manual all the way to the end, it finally became clear that autoleveling is turned off by pushing the HWH OFF button AFTER turning off the ignition key. Your coach may vary.

Thanks again for your wisdom and patience.

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

i just wish every issue was solved by the push of a button.....

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Let’s add a bit more to this picture. The HWH panel and control system has a circuit that turns on the 120V air pump whenever the control algorithm is activated. This circuit closes a power supply breaker at the pump that BYPASSES the normal well pump switch. If you have a Thomas compressor, which is capable of 150 psi, you can over pressure the airbags by leaving the system in Autolevel. I exploded an airbag before I understood this. On my coach there was an adjustable over pressure relief device that looked a lot like a pressure regulator. It didn’t function correctly, either because it failed or a previous owner had adjusted it thinking it was a pressure regulator.

This is my opinion. Nothing good happens by leaving the HWH system in autolevel. If you want to use it to level the coach, then have at it. But then turn it off. If you have a leaking air bag then the pump will run excessively to to compensate, shortening the life of the pump and dumping water into your air system.

My .02 today

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I NEVER leave auto-level on and I also disabled the circuit that runs the auxiliary pump with no pressure switch to shut it off. Just too much of a risk that the pump will exceed the maximum pressure the coach was designed for. There was a time when Newell installed a pressure relief valve ( actually just a pressure regulator set to the max pressure) to guard against very high pressures from auto-level. I got rid of that too because it would leak below its setting. If you add that to Richard's 2 cents, we are still way short of a cup of coffee.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004