You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

THANK YOU GURUS

This seems to be a good place to make some short comments about our recent trip to Tom and Darlene's place and how much we enjoyed and appreciated the opportunity to spend some time with them.

Here is a one paragraph account of what happened. I intend to post a more detailed account shortly

Summary:

In April 2020 Glenn and Laureen experienced serious problems with the alternator/voltage regulator on their 1984 Newell while driving from Austin to Tom's place in Wittmann, AZ but managed to get to Wittman (where a fire broke out under the dash) and with a huge amount of work from Tom and Clarke we replaced the alternator, voltage regulator, all 8 air bags and connections, all 4 batteries, several bulbs and other electrical components and installed a solar system with 4 panels. We also repaired the generator radiator housing. We stayed in Tom and Darlene's house for 2 weeks, getting to know them in the evenings and marveling at their kindness and generosity to all. Tom's garage is several stages past fantastic. After spending about 17 days in Tom's garage we rolled out on the afternoon of May 2 and departed the following morning for an extended tour of the western US with Clarke and Elaine. After spending 5,000 miles in our RV we are back home safe and grateful for the incredible journey. Meeting Tom and Darlene and enjoying their hospitality was the highlight of our trip. I urge anyone to take advantage of the opportunity to meet Tom and Darlene anytime you are anywhere near their home. And thanks to everyone in the Gurus community who have been so helpful to me and Laureen over the past 15 months.

Glenn & Laureen Parker
Austin, Texas
1984 Newell 35'  (Coach #58? - not confirmed)
6v92 TA Detroit Diesel, MT654 Allison 5 speed trans
2005 Honda Element toad
2007 Honda S2000 fun car

i have to say i did not intend my comments to end up being about darlene and i. i meant it to be a tribute to all of you forum members and what a joy it has been for darlene and i to be associated with you.

thank you for the kind words

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH