You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

roof air maintenance

For those that have roof airs, this is a friendly maintenance reminder. There is a washable filter behind the interior a/c grills that need to be cleaned occasionally. If you don't have the ducted air with the hidden grills then the maintenance is very simple and straight forward. Some dis assembly of the ceiling is required if you have the ducted air with the hidden grills. Each a/c unit will have a grill cover that must be removed. On my coach the two bedroom a/c grill covers have two screws on each side & drop straight down. In the salon both a/c grill covers have one screw on one side and slide off away from the screw point. I was able to remove and replace all the a/c grill covers with the slides in.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I have also found it necessary to check the 4 bolts that secure the roof unit to the interior metal piece. Over time the exterior roof gasket will compress & leak water in with heavy rains.

Gordon
1991 41.5' #266
8V92 DDEC II