You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cruise control and LED brake lights

Just thought I'd include a picture of the LED tail lights I installed.  I highly recommend these verses the original lamp units for classics like mine.

Please don't pick on my tire cover, I didn't realize I had it was too high on the tire until I looked at the pictures.  Smile
I just got the center bumper reinforced and re-chromed and also reinforced and repainted the spare tire mount.  I haven't driven with a spare since we got the coach, the bumper was broken down the middle and the mount was broken too.  Finally peace of mind to have a spare!!!

This is the old lamp.  A previous owner had installed brighter bulbs for obvious reasons and the predictable results are visible.

Bob Kopicki
1972 Newell Chauffeur
1964 Land Rover 88 Series IIa TOAD

Looks very nice Bob.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Anyone know where to get replacement brake lights? Mine is a 1996, and has the rectangular sealed units, that you can not replace the bulb, so you must buy a new one! But I'm tempted to cut it open and replace it, then glue it back!

John, Sheri & Lily Kai Curwick
1996 Newell #406, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock, FJ Cruiser, Harley Fatboy. 35 CABO Express Tongue

eBay. Shotofgas is the seller

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Non led

https://class8truckparts.com/truck-lite-...d-red.html

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I tried to search that seller, but you can not do that on Ebay for some reason. I found them on a website called Truck-lite.com
But they show 3 different ones. Not sure which one to get. Thanks Richard.

John, Sheri & Lily Kai Curwick
1996 Newell #406, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock, FJ Cruiser, Harley Fatboy. 35 CABO Express Tongue

(07-10-2017, 04:46 PM)Shamu406 Wrote:  I tried to search that seller, but you can not do that on Ebay for some reason. I found them on a website called Truck-lite.com

John, I change all of my tail lights on my 96 to led and i think I still have the old one. I am out of town until Sat. but will check and see what I have. I will be happy to give you what you need and will shipped them to you Monday. Let me know what you need.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

(07-10-2017, 04:46 PM)Shamu406 Wrote:  I tried to search that seller, but you can not do that on Ebay for some reason. I found them on a website called Truck-lite.com

For anyone trying to find a seller on Ebay:
Up by Search on the Ebay site is Advanced, click on that, then scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see Sellers. Type in the name of the seller and click on Search and scroll down to Dialight 80. Looks like at the moment the amber turn signals and the clearance lights is all he has listed but if you contact him he may have other items in stock that are not listed.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Can anybody tell me where the brake light switch is located on my '93? Is it air activated?
Thx

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Mine is air activated. My switch is on a small manifold right at the brake pedalair valve

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )