You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hot water plugged

So I cleaned out my hot water tank and replaced the anode and heating element.
Was nothing on the anode, plenty of stuff on the bottom which I vacuumed out.
Went to take a shower that night and hot water side is barley coming more like a dribble.

The other faucets in the coach are fineĀ .

Are there not tubes sticking in the tank from the top?
wonder where the plug could be and how best to fix it.
Shot compressed air back through the shower fixture with the knob in the hot position, had the hot side of the bath faucet on as well to let out any pressure so as not to blow the tank. Did not work.
Tried some vinegar down the shower hose and let it set overnight but valve was not open so maybe need to have valve open but would have to have no water pressure and it may get into the hot water tank. ????

Any plumbers out there?

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Same thing happened to us on our first trip out. . . So glad it was a short trip !!!

It sounds like there is something preventing the anti-scalding valve from working. Simply take the shower valve apart - from the tub side.
Mine was easy to fix & it only required cleaning (some minor corrosion), NO NEW PARTS WERE REQUIRED ! ! ! !
It has been working perfectly ever since.

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

Ok thanks I will give it a try.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Finally got around to pulling the valve out and flushed it out and works great now.
Thanks kyleb

Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.