You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

slide party in wittmann this fall

we have a local guru that rolled a front slide seal.  he is not living in it and it is in storage so once it cools down, he will bring his coach out to wittmann and we will put his slide seal back in.   it is a 3 year old seal so we are very hopeful we can just take the slide out and reglue the seal back in.  nonetheless, the process is the same as putting a new seal in.

we plan on doing it once the temps are down in the comfortable range.  we will use the slide cart and go through the entire process.  so probably in october/november time frame.  

anyone that would like to join us to help and watch are welcome.  the more the merrier.    we should hopefully be able to complete it in a single day.  extra pairs of hands are useful.  

let me know if you are interested in coming.

later

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

You know you are a Newell geek if this sounds like fun. I expect to be back in the valley by then and will look forward to helping out.

Chuck

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

thanks chuck. you are experienced at it since you helped me with mine last time

tom

Let me know the date and i will help if i am in town. Thanks for all your advice on my inaugural trip in coach 728 last week, i think that I have it mostly figured out but have heard some noises from the slides as they operate and maybe helping with the seal will improve my knowledge of how they work.

2005 Mid Entry 600hp Newell
Piper Jetprop 560 HP
Aviat Husky Taildragger
2019 Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive
Delorean Turbo Special

ha.....would have loved to have you there, but it was 2 years ago.

tom

Tom, we need to get you set up with AC in your shop! I would say this summer has been rather mild so far and thankful for it. I wouldn’t mind coming along to watch and help and if anything just meet up. This does sound like fun! We will be away from third week of September through second week of October for the unofficial yet official owners Newell Rally in AR. Also a stop over in KY for a British car Rally.

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

I'll help. I need to work on my slide as well.
Send me the dates.

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

It was 2 years ago

Tom

This has bitten me several times.

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.